Saturday, June 6, 2009

Unmeasurable Gratitude

Today is the first day in about a week and a half that I have felt good enough to take a little time away from this mission and relax a bit.  For the first time since this began, I have a sense that we might just be okay.  

This is due, in no small part, to the unflagging efforts of a small group of dedicated people who congregate in an online corner of the world known as Chinese Crested Crush.  We bond over our mutual love of this quirky breed, but the bond is revealed as so much more when something like this happens which brings the group together in ways that renew our faith in one another as compassionate beings.  

Today I have finally set a goal for the food drive.  Louie, at 11 1/2 years of age, will most likely survive to about 14 or 15 years of age, if all goes well.  I have set a goal of 900 cans, which should get us through three years and perhaps a little more.  

We are already more than 1/3 of the way to this goal.  I know we can get there.  What I do not know is how to express my gratitude, which is unmeasurable.  

Thank you to all who have looked.  My friends on Crush, my friends from AS3, my friends from Yahoo, friends from Facebook and my friends from what they call "real life."  Thank you all.  Let's keep it going, and reach our goal while the food is still out there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment