Sunday, May 31, 2009

Another Dog Suffers

I just received an e-mail from Denise, in New Zealand, who writes:

"I truly sympathise with your difficulties. I have a German Shepherd with EPI (exocrine pancreatic insufficiency) who only does well on the {Royal Canin} Digestive low fat.  The formula has also changed here in New Zealand. I have phoned RC but they have not phoned back.

I have just had to give my girl treatment for bacterial overgrowth brought on by the change of formula." 

I wrote back to ask Denise if I could share this e-mail here, and she wrote back to say: 

"Hi Laura, you certainly can. This is a double whammy for me as in 2001 my previous EPI dog (lucky me I have had two special care dogs) was on a formula which also had it's ingredients changed without warning which made her incredibly ill and I am sure was instrumental in her early death (not quite 3 years) that it feels like I am reliving a nightmare."

Thank you, Denise, for sharing your story with us.  I am sorry that your dog is so ill, and I hope you will find a solution for her quickly.  




No comments:

Post a Comment