Sunday, May 31, 2009

Food Trial: Cod

I cooked up some of the cod that I bought yesterday and have added small portions of that to Louie's meals.  So far he's handling it well but it's too early to see whether or not he'll react to it.  

Over the next few days I'll work to increase the amount I give him, as long as he seems to be doing okay.  

According to the chart of fish fat content that I'm using (thanks, Les), cod should be very low in fat, at just 0.7 percent.  It would be nice if this fish works for him, because I'll then not be depending on other things so much to cut back the fat content, and that in turn will allow us to keep the protein levels up in the food.

So keep your fingers crossed!  And keep sending out those letters, and spreading the word.  

  

1 comment:

  1. Here I am, commenting on my own post.

    Just wanted to let you all know that Louie had some minor signs of intestinal distress last night (okay, in the vernacular, he was burping and farting) so I did not give him any more cod today. However, he was pretty good today, so I'm going to keep trying this on the theory that this might have just been a normal reaction to something new in his food.

    We have had so many issues with food...

    ReplyDelete